Monday, April 11, 2011

Birthday Boots Part 1



The photo above is of the boots I was given for my birthday. My barn boots had sprung two leaks a week before my birthday and I requested rubber boots as a birthday gift.

On the day of my birthday, I was happily surprised to find that I had recieved boots from my parents, but these were cooler than my last pair. From now on I would be going out to the 'barn' in a styling pair of boots that were blue with yellow flowers. They even had a buckle!

But dissapointment was about to cloud over me. My mom only meant them as a teaser. We would return these ones for a pair that was blue or maybe gray and more practical.



The next day I tried to focus on the positive side of the pair of boots that sat before me; "Well" I thought, "they are a very nice shade of gray and the red trimming on the bottom is very attractive . . . Right?"

Maybe someday I will have two pairs of boots. One for the barn and one for going to town. Maybe.
But for now I am content with my gray, red trimmed (you did see it, right?) boots.

Thank you, Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment